Wednesday 14 March 2012

Anxiety over children.

Even though my children are now 27,25 and 21 I never cease to be anxious about them. As far as I know they are fine. Wholly unrealistically, I want them to be happy at all times. I want them to have good, well paid, satisfying jobs, friends who are loyal and good fun,and girlfriends who appreciate their wonderfulness.

Some say we are too involved with their lives, let them get on with it, you've done your job as a parent etc. But that's just it, there lies the rub, because you never feel that you've done all you can.

I do not have a religious bone in my body yet at the local church people started tying ribbons to a branch of a tree, invited to do so by the church. The ribbons are symbolic and so I have attached 3 ribbons and most days see those ribbons and touch them and wish for the best for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment