Tuesday 25 June 2013

Personalised Registration Plates

All you need is money and a car. That is all you need to buy a personalised registration to put front and back on your vehicle. Oh yes, there is one other major ingredient and that is a massive ego. So massive in fact, that you are willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money to let people know how important you are as you drive around in your vehicle. A personalised registration number shouts out, 'Look at me! Look at me! I'm superior to you because you have only got an ordinary registration plate, but I, more-important-than-you, me, I have distinguished myself by forcing you to see concrete evidence of my ridiculously out of control ego, my  pathetic bid to BE somebody in the eyes of fellow road users. So look at me and look at me again and feel my aura of world significance.'

It's my belief that people who attach personalised registration plates to their cars have pitifully little insight into the way in which they are perceived. In addition there must be a dearth of self-knowlege, if you own a personalised registration, especially if you have any of the following that I have seen.

8OX ER    HU55 LED   P5 YC0    S4 UNA    BO55 AAH    SHA 11OW     R8 ARD

POT US would mean something, though I have never seen this on a car. It is an acronym for President of the United States. I cannot imagine that those with real power, such as Barack Obama and any other world leader with the exception of PUT IN, would ever need this sort of self-affirmation.

This one though, which I've saved for last, must stand alone - PEN 15

What!? Of all the men and boys in the world, why does this one have to advertise the fact that he is in possession of that which all males are? Then a thought struck me. I didn't actually see the driver, I just made an assumption. So it was possible that the driver was not male  which, if so, words fail me ...  



 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment